I made it to my apartment in one piece last night around 9:45 pm. It took just over 15 hours to drive from our house in MN to my place in OH and a couple of times, I was pretty sure I wanted to not drive ever again.

My dad woke me up at 5 AM and I was on the road by 5:33… the first five hours actually went really quick. I didn’t stop once and I had a solid selection of mix CDs to keep me entertained. I snacked on some Chickadees (the Target version of Goldfish crackers – woot) and drank some water like a road trip champion.

Then things started pissing me off.

I planned on stopping to get food for the rest of the day and gas in my car in the same area and then pressing on some more until I needed to stretch my legs.

Turns out where I stopped to get food (Subway – each fresh, yo), all of the gas stations were either on the other side of the busy road, or miles from the highway. F-you, whatever town that was where I stopped. I drove out of there shaking my head and wondering why that place didn’t decide to construct their service stations in a more logical layout.

I finally got gas and then stopped to eat about 6 1/2 hours into my trip. I had a text from Robin (I hope all your library stuff went well!) and then called my mom.

My mom and sister were in New York. And while I was super jealous about this, I was beyond jealous and really upset when they told me they were currently at my favorite restaurant in the theater district and then seeing a Broadway show.

Not fair. Not fair at all.

I love Broadway. I would probably give up movies forever if I could just sit and watch Broadway shows all the time.

And not only were they seeing a show, but they were seeing A Little Night Music, starring the new cast – BERNADETTE PETERS AND ELAINE STRITCH!!!!

(See how this is all not fair?)

So not only did my mom and sister go traveling all around the country on a super fun road trip, but they were in my favorite city, seeing Bernadette friggin’ Peters singing “Send in the Clowns”.

I told them I had to get driving and hung up the phone, in tears. I was jealous, but I was more tired and just pissed that I don’t know the next time I’m get to go to New York to see any shows.

I got back in the car and kept driving. Still mad at the world, the tears were coming down my cheeks like it was raining inside my car. I know that driving on a highway while crying is not safe, nor very becoming, so I tried to cheer myself up with some happy thoughts. Or at least think of how lucky I am to have what I do have and try not to be petty about not being in New York… That kinda worked, but I refused to listen to my 4 Broadway mix CDs the rest of the trip.

To add some more arsenic on top of the already poisonous day I thought I was having, traffic and construction was bonkers the entire day. I was in standstill traffic probably 4 or 5 times, especially surrounding Indianapolis and Columbus. I was super bummed about the Columbus traffic because I was literally an hour away from my apartment and my car was stopped because people can’t figure out how to merge when lanes get shut down. Also, it would be awesome if people used their blinkers.

Okay, enough bitching about my trip.

I finally made it to my house and called my dad, left messages on my mom and sister’s phones, and texted some Ohio friends to let them know I made it to town in one piece.

A cold shower and multiple fans helped rid the feeling of being in a car for 15 hours. I texted with a few friends and then tried to get the Internet in our apartment re-connected.

I managed to plug in everything and make sure all the wires were where they should be. But somehow, our Internet won’t work (I am typing this from my laptop at the Student Center on campus… I needed to come to town for errands anyway. Maybe look for some Pushing Daisies DVDs at Hoffa’s…). It still didn’t work this morning. BLAH.

As I nestled in my bed to watch Glee before falling asleep, my phone rang around 11:30ish. It was my mom!

They had just gotten out of their show and Sarah was at the stage door of the theater to try and get Bernadette Peter’s autograph. My mom recounted the rest of their day since I last talked to them. They went to Macy’s, then to the NBC building to try and get tickets for Jimmy Fallon’s show. They got standby tickets, but were able to see him rehearse his monologue and the Thank You notes! They saw Jimmy, some of the writers (even Miles!), and James from The Roots. I think they even got to talk with Morgan, one of the writers. I was super jealous, of course. I love Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. I have seen almost every single episode. My mom, however, hadn’t seen any episodes. Crazy times.

Anyway, my sister ended up getting a bunch of people’s autographs, including Bernadette Peters. So, my mom is giving me her Playbill, so now I will have Miss Peters’s autograph. That’s kinda cheating, though, since I didn’t see her show… but now I can add that to all the other autographs and Playbills I have.

My sister and I are already planning a trip to NYC for next year as Daniel Radcliffe will be starring in the revival of one of my favorite musicals of all time, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. I really want to see American Idiot too, but preferably with the original cast.

Anyway, I should get going… need to see if Hoffa’s is open, then off to the grocery store for fresh fruit.

I probably won’t be able to update this again while I am in Ohio unless my apartment’s Internet magically decides to start working.

(Note – I will fix italics and link out to stuff later)