Well, Happy St. Patrick’s Day. I can’t believe it’s been a year since last St. Patrick’s Day. What a year, what a year. But I’m actually content with myself for the time being, because as my mom always says, “everything happens for a reason.” So, here’s to you past year – we’ve had our ups, and we’ve had our downs. But I’m still here, and I’m doing all right πŸ™‚

Today started at 5 am. I woke up and just could not get back to sleep even though it was my day off. I tried to make myself go back to sleep… after going through my usual list games, I started a new one. I went through every episode of Glee in my head and listed my favorite songs/moments. I thought that would make me tired, and it did, but I still couldn’t get to sleep. So, at 6:30, I turned on my computer and caught up on some reading about the Glee cast and creators panel from the Paley Center last night. I was following it on Twitter last night, but there were some clips online and some summaries, so it was nice to get some insight on the rest of this season/part of next season (lots of spoilers, if you click on that link… just a warning).

Around 7:30, I got out of bed and dragged myself upstairs. Our dogs had vet appointments at 9:00, and I told my mom I would help her out and watch one of the dogs in the car while the other one was at her vet appointment. So, I brought my iPod with me and listened to music, played solitaire and watched Glee in the car while trying to calm down whatever dog I was with. We have the best dogs ever, and both of them were well behaved the whole time, which was good. Our older dog has a real problem going to the vet because she gets really scared. My mom said that when the vet was taking a blood sample, her heart rate went to 200 beats per minute. I kid you not. She’s actually sleeping on the couch next to me as I type this (I’m usually in my room when I blog, but my sister’s supposed to be getting here in 45 minutes, so my parents, the dogs and I are chillaxin’ in the living room). Yukon was already on the couch when I sat down. Usually she gets up and goes to be by herself, but she stayed. I think she’s just worn out from all the vet excitement today. She really is such a great dog… I call her my Gentle Giant. Because she is huge and looks like she’s going to eat you, but she’s really gentle when she’s taking a biscuit or treat from my hands. She would not be so nice with a stranger, I’m sure. Best guard dog ever.

After the vet, we came back to the house and played outside with the dogs for awhile. We had lunch and then I changed into some play clothes and cleaned my bathroom. I hate cleaning, but if I have music blaring it’s not so bad. So, with the help of some of my favorite songs, that bathroom is now spotless. Woot woot.

Since I woke up at 5, I was bonkers tired, so I actually took a nap. Usually I can’t fall asleep in the middle of the day, but I was just so exhausted that I slept for 3+ hours. What?! I woke up 10 minutes before American Idol started… excellent timing. The Black Eyed Peas performed. I can’t stand that group. At all.

We watched Bones and 30 Rock. I love Bones… and tonight’s episode was really good. 30 Rock had been in a slump, but I thought tonight’s episode was pretty funny. Or maybe I was just so tired I thought it was.

Besides napping, I did a lot of laughing today. My mom cracks me up. A fair few times today she either made some whack comments or accidentally did some ridiculous things that made me laugh so hard that I cried. I’m not even going to try and type them out because they were “you had to be there” situations. But we laughed like whoa πŸ™‚

I did not laugh, however, when my software I ordered from Amazon did not come in the mail today. Way to go, Amazon… when I select 2-day priority shipping and I don’t get my purchase in 2 days, I am not pleased. NOT PLEASED AT ALL. It best come tomorrow, or I will cut a bitch.

Well, my sister should be here soon. Yay!!!! And my brother will be here this weekend. Double yay!!!!!

Have a good one